Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Beginning this summer and throughout the fall semester, we are working to upgrade the research experience by making ongoing improvements to our Research Guides.
You may encounter changes in the look and feel of the Research Guides website along with structural changes to our existing guides.
If you have any questions or concerns about this process
please let us know
The Interlibrary Loan Department is here to support your research and teaching needs by expanding the range of materials available for scholarship beyond the collections of the FAU Libraries.
This department provides article delivery and short term loans from a vast network of libraries and document suppliers on a local, state, national, and international basis.
Use Interlibrary Loan services to:
- Retrieve FAU materials from other campuses
- Request materials from other State University Libraries via UBorrow
- Request Articles and Book Chapters
- Request loans of items not owned by FAU
- For Distance Learners have both FAU materials and ILL loans shipped directly to your location
Who is Eligible?
- All FAU enrolled students*, faculty, and staff have Interlibrary Loan Borrowing Privileges.
- Palm Beach State College South Campus enrolled students, faculty, and staff are also extended Interlibrary Loan Borrowing Privileges through their FAU ILL account; PBSC does not have UBorrow Priviledges through FAU.
- Retired FAU faculty and staff have Interlibrary Loan Borrowing Privileges.
- SUS Faculty, Visiting Researchers, and Library Volunteers may have Interlibrary Loan Borrowing Privileges with the permission from the Dean of University Libraries.
*Tower Campus students should order materials through the Broward County Library's Interlibrary Loan department, unless your pick-up location is Boca or Jupiter.
How much money does using ILL save?
Over the last five years, the ILL Department has saved the FAU Community an estimated $361,668!
How long does it take?
- Articles - 2 or more business days
- Loans - 7 or more business days
- Branch Campus Delivery adds 2 to 3 days
- International or Rare & hard-to-find materials may take longer
Want to receive ILL notices via Text?
Warning Concerning Copyright Restrictions:
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material.
Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction in excess of " fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order or place an item on Reserve if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order or request would involve violation of copyright law.