Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Beginning this summer, we are working to upgrade the research experience by making ongoing improvements to our Research Guides.
You may encounter changes in the look and feel of the Research Guides website along with structural changes to our existing guides.
If you have any questions or concerns about this process
please let us know
Purpose of this LibGuide
Florida Atlantic University College of Medicine affiliate faculty are entitled to access many of the library's print and online resources. This can be a great benefit for the practicing physician.
This guide was designed to provide quick access to the Medical Library's resources including point of care, practice guidelines, electronic journals, and health sciences databases. In addition to the electronic resources, the library houses a collection of medical books and print journals.
The medical librarians are here to assist you with your information needs. Feel free to call on us should you need training or help with using the library's resources.
What do I need to access library resources?
- To access the library resources via OpenAthens, you will need a FAU NetID and password. New Clinical Faculty should receive their FAUNet ID along with instructions on setting up a FAU account & password once paperwork is complete: this process can sometimes be lengthy and we appreciate your patience. Please reach out to your librarian if you are in need of articles, or assistance with a resource, during this time.
- At any time you can look up your FAUNet ID and reset your password, here: https://accounts.fau.edu/.
- If your FAUNetID is not available, please reach out for assistance by contacting one of the following:
- FAU Help desk: 561-297-3999.
- Medical Liaison and Outreach librarian, Tiffany Follin.
- If you are only looking to access OpenAthens, you do not need an owl card if you have your FAUNet ID and password on hand. However, it does allow you access to library resources and community perks. See the Owl Card tab for more details.
FAUNet ID and FAU Email
Did you know? When you receive your FAUNet ID, you gain access to an FAU email address as well!
Access your FAU account through the myfau.edu portal. Sign in to check your email and set up forwarding options. Don't know or remember your FAU NetID? Click "Forgot my FAUNet ID or password" from the main menu to retrieve.
Note: If you set up an Interlibrary loan account, you will be required to use your FAU email account to place article requests and receive notifications.
Medical Liaison & Outreach Librarian
Medical & Health Sciences
Collections and User Services