Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Internet Explorer 11
Will No Longer Be Supported as of November 20, 2020. Read More...
FAU Medical Library
To return to the Medical and Health Sciences Collections and User Services page, please click here.
Do I need an Owl Card?
Owl Cards are no longer required to obtain remote
access to the library but are still useful to have on hand.
Check out this page for information related to the FAU Owl Card.
Would you like to obtain an OwlCard? Please reach out to your department's coordinator.
Integrated Medical Sciences:
Coordinator, Faculty Affairs and Integrated Medical Science | Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine
Senior Coordinator | Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine
At the Library
What can your card do at the library?
It allows you:
- Anytime access! A valid Owl Card is required to gain entrance from 10pm- 7am, Sunday through Friday.
- Easy Access! The library has gates that are active during all business hours. While the library is open to the public, anybody without an Owl Card is required to sign-in at the service desk as a visitor. With your Card in hand, you can swipe in and keep on going.
- Material Access! With the power of your Owl Card, you can check out material to take with you. Need to access one of the reserve items? Now you can do that, too.
- Distance Access! While it is true you can log into EZProxy with your FAUNet ID, your OwlCard gives you an alternative way to sign in through your "Library account sign on."
- ILL Requests! Material not in FAU's collection can be requested through our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) department. Users must create an account and an OwlCard is required.
What can your card do outside the library?
It gives you access to:
- Local Merchant discounts!
- More discounts and perks!