Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Beginning this summer, we are working to upgrade the research experience by making ongoing improvements to our Research Guides.
You may encounter changes in the look and feel of the Research Guides website along with structural changes to our existing guides.
If you have any questions or concerns about this process
please let us know
FAU Medical Library
To return to the Medical and Health Sciences Collections and User Services page, please click here.
Do I need an Owl Card?
Owl Cards are no longer required to obtain remote
access to the library but are still useful to have on hand.
Check out this page for information related to the FAU Owl Card.
Would you like to obtain an OwlCard? Please reach out to your department's coordinator.
Integrated Medical Sciences:
Coordinator, Faculty Affairs and Integrated Medical Science | Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine
Senior Coordinator | Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine
Administrator of Office Operations | Institute for Human Health & Disease Intervention
At the Library
What can your card do at the library?
It allows you:
- Anytime access! A valid Owl Card is required to gain physical entrance to the Libraries' Main Boca Campus building during non-public hours from 10pm- 7am, Sunday through Friday.
- Easy Access! The library has gates that are active during all business hours. While the library is open to the public, anybody without an Owl Card is required to sign-in at the service desk as a visitor. Visitors also are required to alert the front desk on departure so as to have the gate opened for them. With your Card in hand, you can swipe in & out and keep on going.
- Material Access! With the power of your Owl Card, you can check out print material to take with you. Need to access one of the reserve items located at the front desk? Now you can do that, too.
- ILL Requests! Material not in FAU's collection can be requested through our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) department. Users must create an account and an OwlCard is required. ILL provide access to both electronic and print resources.
What can your card do outside the library?
It gives you access to:
- Local Merchant discounts!
- More discounts and perks!