Creative Commons licenses allow you to reuse an image by following the guidelines for the specific licensed image. Creative Commons Images may be licensed in 6 different ways by their creator. These licenses are listed in order of broadest to most restrictive.
- Attribution (CC BY)
- Attribution-ShareAlike (CC BY-SA)
- Attribution-NoDerivatives (CC BY-ND)
- Attribution-NonCommercial (CC BY-NC)
- Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC BY-NC-SA)
- Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (CC BY-NC-ND)
View these videos to learn more, visit the Creative Commons Wiki, or access the Creative Commons Toolkit.
IMPORTANT: Note the Attribution for each image in your work, whether in print or online.