Skip to Main Content
This summer, we are working to upgrade the research experience by making ongoing improvements to our Research Guides.
You may encounter changes in the look and feel of the Research Guides website along with structural changes to our existing guides.
If you have any questions or concerns about this process
please let us know
Department Head, Instruction and Engagement Services
Graduate Student Survival Guide
Welcome to the Graduate Student Survival Guide! The resources contained in this guide will provide you with a starting point for finding information and navigating the FAU Libraries. Use the links to the left to access information. Good luck and successful researching!
Check out our Workshop Schedule and our many online Tutorials.
Are you a Graduate Teaching Assistant? Schedule your Library Instruction Session to turn your students into Power Researchers! (We can customize sessions to your assignments and learning objectives).
This guide will help you to:
- Use the FAU Library Catalog to locate books and other materials owned by the Library
- Understand the difference between electronic journals and databases and OneSearch
- Become aware of and use the most important databases for conducting literature reviews in the discipline of education
- Use "Find it at FAU" to connect to full-text articles in different databases
- Determine if a periodical is peer-reviewed
- Locate other authors that have cited an article of interest using Web of Science
- Cite your sources
- Get additional help
Library Hours Boca Raton & Partner Campuses
Spring 2023 Semester Hours (Boca Raton):
The library building is open for the Spring 2023 semester from 7:40 am - 12:00 midnight, Monday-Thursday, 10:30 am - 6 pm on Saturday, and noon - midnight on Sunday (see our hours page for any changes).
It's easy to reach us!
Partner Campus Library Hours:
Last updated on Mar 28, 2023 10:17 AM