What is Google Scholar?
Google Scholar provides a simple way to broadly search for scholarly literature. From one place, you can search across many disciplines and sources:
- abstracts, and
- court opinions
from academic publishers, professional societies, online repositories, universities, and other web sites.
Features of Google Scholar
- Search diverse sources from one convenient place
- Explore articles, theses, books, abstracts, or court opinions
- Locate the complete document through your library or on the web
- Learn about key scholarly literature in any area of research
- Check who is citing your publications
- Create a public author profile for yourself
How are documents ranked?
- weighing the full text of each document,
- where it was published,
- who it was written by,
- how often it has been cited in other scholarly literatureand
- how recently it has been cited in other scholarly literature.
Disclaimer: Legal opinions in Google Scholar are provided for informational purposes only and should not be relied on as a substitute for legal advice from a licensed lawyer. Google does not warrant that the information is complete or accurate.
Disclaimer: The Google Scholar website is the direct source of most information for this guide.