Skip to Main Content
This summer, we are working to upgrade the research experience by making ongoing improvements to our Research Guides.
You may encounter changes in the look and feel of the Research Guides website along with structural changes to our existing guides.
If you have any questions or concerns about this process
please let us know
About this guide
Welcome to the FAU Libraries subject guide for Anthropology. This LibGuide includes information resources including databases, journals, books and more. Please contact myself or another Reference Librarian for additional assistance. For Biological Anthropology and Archaeology, see their respective guides.
Use the tabs at the top to find resources and information to help you research this topic.
This page serves as a guide for students by providing FAU library resources in this subject. The following can be found on this page:
- How to Find Articles: this page provides links to databases, or large, online collections of journal articles. Some databases also provide statistics and figures.
- Browse Journals: read scholarly literature published by professionals in the field.
- Find Books: access the FAU Libraries catalog to locate books and other library materials owned by the libraries.
- Web Sites: there is some quality information on the Internet. This page links to reputable organizations and agencies that focus on Anthropology.
Subject Terms for Anthropology
The following is a partial list of subject headings related to Anthropology that can be used to locate books and other items in the FAU Libraries Catalog.
- Anthropological linguistics
- Applied anthropology
- Material Culture
- Medical Anthropology
- Psychological Anthropology
- Social and Cultural Anthropology
- Social life and customs
- Social Organization
- Visual Anthropology
Cultural Anthropology Video
Last updated on Apr 3, 2023 10:49 AM