Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Beginning this summer, we are working to upgrade the research experience by making ongoing improvements to our Research Guides.
You may encounter changes in the look and feel of the Research Guides website along with structural changes to our existing guides.
If you have any questions or concerns about this process
please let us know
SOW 6404: Social Work Research
Welcome to the library resource guide for Professor Howards's Summer 2022 SOW 6404 course. The resources contained in this guide will provide you with a starting point for finding information on the topic of your choice. Use the tabs above to access information. Good luck and happy researching!
Boca Raton & Partner Campuses
Spring 2022 Semester Hours (Boca Raton):
The library building is open for the Spring 2022 semester from 7:40 am - 12:00 midnight, Monday-Thursday, 10:30 am - 6 pm on Saturday, and noon - midnight on Sunday (see our hours page for any changes).
It's easy to reach us!
Partner Campus Library Hours:
Following this session you should know how to:
- Log into OpenAthens (when, how and why)
- Use the FAU Library Catalog to locate books and other materials owned by the Library
- Know what a peer-reviewed article is and determine if a journal is peer-reviewed
- Understand the difference between electronic journals and databases
- Become aware of and use the most important databases for conducting literature reviews in the discipline of social work
- Use the "Find it at FAU" button to connect to full-text articles in different databases
- Search multiple databases at one time using OneSearch
- Locate other authors that have cited an article of interest using Web of Science
- Cite your sources
- Get additional help