Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Beginning this summer, we are working to upgrade the research experience by making ongoing improvements to our Research Guides.
You may encounter changes in the look and feel of the Research Guides website along with structural changes to our existing guides.
If you have any questions or concerns about this process
please let us know
Boca Raton & Partner Campuses
Spring 2022 Semester Hours (Boca Raton):
The library building is open for the Spring 2022 semester from 7:40 am - 12:00 midnight, Monday-Thursday, 10:30 am - 6 pm on Saturday, and noon - midnight on Sunday (see our hours page for any changes).
It's easy to reach us!
Partner Campus Library Hours:
This research guide was created for Dr. Stacie Rossow's MUS 6716 class and is useful for finding books and articles about music, composers, and other important topics in the history of music. You can begin your search here or at the FAU Libraries home page at https://library.fau.edu/.
As a result of library instruction, you will be able to:
- Know when, how, and why, to Use the "Off-Campus Connect" link.
- Locate articles, books, and other materials using "OneSearch."
- Use the library catalog to locate books and other materials.
- Effectively search online databases for articles.
- Identify keywords that describe a topic.
- Create search strategies using Boolean Operators AND and OR.
- Organize and cite references and sources used in assignments.
Finding Music Using Library of Congress Classification
A brief summary of Music Call Numbers using the LOC Classification:
Music Call Numbers
|| M 5 - 1480
|| M 1495 - 2199
||Books of Literature on Music
|| ML 159-3785
||History and Criticism
||Books of Music Instruction and Study
|| MT 170 - 810
|| MT 820 - 915
||Singing and Vocal Technique