Skip to Main Content
Beginning this summer and throughout the fall semester, we are working to upgrade the research experience by making ongoing improvements to our Research Guides.
You may encounter changes in the look and feel of the Research Guides website along with structural changes to our existing guides.
If you have any questions or concerns about this process
please let us know
Locating books by topic
It's easy to look for books by topic in the Library Catalog.
- The Catalog search defaults to "basic" search. Click on the "radio button" above the search box to open up "Advanced Search."
- Advanced Search allows you to search using multiple terms, by location, by format, etc.
- Looking for a term that is more than one word? Put your words in quotation marks to find those words as a phrase, i.e., "Instructional Design."
- Use the filters on the left side of the search results to narrow by library/collection, topic, author and more.
- Use the "Sort by" drop down menu at the top right corner of the search results to sort by relevance (default), publication date, author, title, etc.
Many of these same concepts also apply to looking for journal articles in a database or when using OneSearch.
- Computer assisted instruction
- Distance education -- Computer assisted instruction
- Education -- Teaching methods & materials -- General
- Educational technology
- Instructional systems -- Design
(use this for Instructional Design)
- Web based instruction
Theory and Practice of Education
Search for Books and Other Materials in the Library Catalog
Use the Library Catalog to search for books, government documents, DVDs, electronic books, and more.
Need help? Watch this video!