Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Internet Explorer 11
Will No Longer Be Supported as of November 20, 2020. Read More...
Distance learners may have
- Books delivered to them that are owned by FAU.
- You are responsible for returning the books to FAU Libraries.
- Consider using Book Rate postage for added postage savings.
- Articles not owned by FAU delivered online via FAU Libraries' Interlibrary Loan.
For books not owned by FAU, Distance Learners should use their local library's interlibrary loan department (i.e., their local public library).
See more details for Distance Learners and Interlibrary Loan below:
- Computer assisted instruction
- Distance education -- Computer assisted instruction
- Education -- Teaching methods & materials -- General
- Educational technology
- Instructional systems -- Design
(use this for Instructional Design)
- Web based instruction
Theory and Practice of Education
Locating books by topic
It's easy to look for books by topic in the Library Catalog.
- The Catalog search defaults to "basic" search. Click on the "radio button" above the search box to open up "Advanced Search."
- Advanced Search allows you to search using multiple terms, by location, by format, etc.
- Looking for a term that is more than one word? Put your words in quotation marks to find those words as a phrase, i.e., "Instructional Design."
- Use the filters on the left side of the search results to narrow by library/collection, topic, author and more.
- Use the "Sort by" drop down menu at the top right corner of the search results to sort by relevance (default), publication date, author, title, etc.
Many of these same concepts also apply to looking for journal articles in a database or when using OneSearch.
Search for Books and Other Materials in the Library Catalog
Use the Library Catalog to search for books, government documents, DVDs, electronic books, and more.
Need help? Watch this video!