Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Internet Explorer 11
Will No Longer Be Supported as of November 20, 2020. Read More...
Center for Writing Excellence
The University’s Writing Center (WC) is devoted to supporting and promoting academic and professional writing for all members of the FAU community, including undergraduate and graduate students, staff, faculty, and visiting scholars.
Online appointments are available for distance students.
Boca Raton Location:
Building: General Classroom South (GS)
Citation Creating Tools
Please keep in mind, the following tools are a guide. Please verify the accuracy of any citations produced by these tools.
A free online citation creator that will store more than one citation at a time. You may search their database for your resource and if it's there, a citation will be created automatically. Covers APA, MLA, Chicago, and Turabian.
Another free online citation creator. Covers APA, MLA, Chicago, and Turabian.
A free online tool that can create only one citation at a time based on information you provide about the source you are trying to cite. Covers MLA and APA citation styles.
Similar to BibMe, WorksCited4U allows you to search for the source you are trying to cite and if found, will create the citation automatically. Covers APA, MLA, and Chicago.
APA Boot Camp - video and printable resources now available!
Need to brush up on APA style? View our APA Boot Camp LibGuide, with recently (live) recorded video and printable resources.
Return to the APA Boot Camp guide often to view updates!
Creating an APA Research Paper
How to Move to RefWorks (New)
Here's the short version.
- Bookmark the new log-in page: http://refworks.proquest.com
- You may see a link at the top left side of the page to "Move to the newest version of RefWorks from ProQuest." Click on that, OR you may be prompted to create a new account as soon as you try to log into RefWorks.
- Create a new login name and password. NOTE: Your login name should be your FAU email address - and you can set your own password.
- Your references, file attachments, folders, and custom output styles will automatically be moved to your new RefWorks account.
- Install the new "Save to RefWorks" browser bookmarklet to capture reference data (and sometimes even full-text) from web pages. (Click on your name in the upper right-hand corner, choose "Tools," then "Install Save to RefWorks" and drag the new Save to RefWorks bookmarklet onto your browser's favorites bar.