What is Mind Mapping or Concept Mapping?
A mind map or mind-map is
- a pictorial representation of how a central concept is linked to other concepts and issues.
- has no formal restrictions on the kinds of links used in a mind map.
- often involves color or monochrome images, words, and lines.
- has elements are arranged intuitively according to the importance of the concepts,
- may be organized into groupings, branches, or areas.
Mind Map creators may use radiant thinking (from the word radiate, meaning to spread or move in two directions). Radiant thinking is a process that proceeds from or connects to a central point. Mind maps are external expressions of radiant thinking.
See links below for some articles about and software for Mind Mapping (some of them are free!).