Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
FAU Medical Library
To return to the Medical and Health Sciences Collections and User Services page, please click here.
Literature Search Guide
Interested in research publication but still in the researching stage? Check out the below guide!
This guide was created to walk a user through a literature search as it relates to EBM: from creating a search question from a basic need (clinical or research) to searching the literature, to evaluating and applying the medical literature to your question. It is also great for those who simply need a refresher: skip ahead to tabs covering basic and advanced search strategies
Dr. DeDonno's website promotes the field of experimental research. As such, he goes into depth regarding the entire research process, as well as exploring statistics, and disseminating your work with society.
Residents can also reach him via email at email@example.com.
Created by FAU Libraries' Scholarly Communication Program, the guide provides resources for choosing a journal, determining journal quality (including identifying predatory publishers), and author rights.
- Endnote's "Journal Match" feature enables authors to find journals that matches their manuscript.
- Through the FAU Libraries' subscription to Web of Science, FAU students, faculty and staff have FREE access to EndNote Web Basic.
For access to Endnote:
- Go to the Web of Science database.
- Sign in or register for a free account with your FAU email (both options located at the top right side of the page)
- Click on "My Products" at the top right side of the page and choose "EndNote" from the dropdown options
- For on demand tech support via webpage tutorials and knowledgebases, visit Endnote Table of Contents.
Endnote Cite While You Write:
- From your Endnote account, click the "downloads" option from the gray navigation bar.
- From the Cite While You Write column, click the download link for your device. Installation Instructions & System Requirements provided if needed.
- Follow download prompts and refer to the installation instructions as needed.
- Within Word, authorize the CWYW Endnote tab by linking to your Endnote account: Cite While You Write Preferences
To utilize the Journal Match feature:
- Click on "My Products" at the top right side of the page and choose "Master Journal List" from the dropdown options
- In the center box next to "Already have a manuscript?" click "Match manuscript."
- Log in or create an account.
- Enter the title of your manuscript and abstract
- Click "Find Journals."
FAU Libraries maintains an annual subscription to BMJ Case Reports, and are provided a fellowship code which waives the author submission fee for FAU residents, affiliate faculty, faculty, and students. Please contact Tiffany Follin, or the medical department, for the code.
Instructions for Authors regarding writing and submission are available HERE.
Tiffany Follin: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department Email: email@example.com
FLAGSHIP is an academic Open Access channel of the Cureus journal. While publication is free, those who submit may need editing services that require payment. The FAU Libraries is not directly involved with FLAGSHIP and does not have a code to waive fees.
For Publication Questions:
Flagship curated guide: Author Guide
Cureus Publishing: Preferred Editing Service
Journal Matching Resources
Looking to submit for the first time? Or not sure where else you can submit your work to?
Use the below resources to match your manuscript with a journal. Results are an indication of compatibility and does not indicate or ensure acceptance of your article.