Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Internet Explorer 11
Will No Longer Be Supported as of November 20, 2020. Read More...
Am I Eligible?
You are eligible to register to vote in Florida if you are:
- A United States citizen.
- A legal resident of Florida.
- A legal resident of the county you want to register in.
- 18 years of age (you may preregister if you are 16 years of age).
- Not a person who has been adjudicated mentally incapacitated with respect to voting in Florida or any other state without having the right to vote restored.
- Not a person who has been convicted of a felony without having your right to vote restored.
Acceptable Photo ID Florida Voters:
- Florida Driver License
- Florida ID Card (issued by DHSMV)
- U.S. Passport
- Debit or Credit Card
- Military ID
- Student ID
- Retirement Center ID
- Neighborhood Association ID
- Public Assistance ID
- Veteran Health ID (issued by the US Department of Veterans Affairs)
- Concealed Weapon License (issued pursuant to F.S. 790.06)
- Employee ID card issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the Federal Government, the state, a county, or a municipality.
* If your photo ID does not include your signature, you will be asked to provide another ID that has your signature. If you do not bring your ID, you may still vote, however, you will be required to vote a provisional ballot, which will later be evaluated by a canvassing board for eligibility.
Voting Outside Florida
If you are not a Florida resident, use these links to get information from other parts of the United States:
Register to Vote
Deadline to register for voting in the 2020 General Election is October 5, 2020
Ways to register:
- Verify your registration status.
- Check to see if your registration information is current.
- Consider updating your signature.
- Find your voting location / early voting locations and hours / request mail ballot.
- Make sure your IDs are up to date and valid.
- View/download a sample ballot.
Area Supervisor of Elections sites:
- Research the candidates before filling out your ballot.