iOS | Android
PubMed for Handhelds (PubMed4Hh) is an app for discovering relevant health information at the National Library of Medicine. Journal abstracts, TBLs ("the bottom line" summaries) and full text articles (requires subscription to journals) can be accessed anywhere the Internet is available.
Log into EZ Proxy first. If the article is available through FAU, users will be led to the article after clicking "Full Text." If the article is not available, users will be brought to the PubMed search page: users can then fill out an ILL request for that article.
- PICO (Patient, Intervention, Comparison, Outcome): search with a well-formulated clinical query
- askMEDLINE: a free-text, natural language search tool
- Consensus Abstracts: Search using PICO or askMEDLINE then select concurring abstracts from journals. View selected TBLs and Abstracts in one page.
- CQs: Use Clinical Queries to search journal articles. Indicate Category (therapy, diagnosis, etiology, prognosis, clinical predictions guideline) and Emphasis (specific, sensitive) to focus search strategy.
- Journal Browser: read the latest abstracts and TBLs of MEDLINE indexed journals.
- Archive: save search results for reading later
- Retrieved citations may be sent by e-mail from any of the featured tools
- Compatible with iOS 6 to 8.
PICO available through mobile friendly Trip website, there is not an available app. Free to use but registered users receive many benefits when they sign in.