Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Internet Explorer 11
Will No Longer Be Supported as of November 20, 2020. Read More...
- In ILLiad, open transaction
- Double-check the history of the item to see if it was returned before we received the invoice
- Put note on record stating we received the invoice with invoice type (replacement, damaged, borrowing/lending fee), amount, and the lender’s OCLC symbol
- Update master excel "Master Incoming Invoice Sheet" with invoice info
- Follow instructions below starting with Patron Payment
- Contact patron through ILLiad email with potential charges. i.e If item is not returned by a specified date, their account will be charged the specified amount on the invoice. (A week is our standard time allowed to return).
- If they ask to submit a replacement copy instead, contact Lender to see if a replacement copy is acceptable
- Add flag to transaction “Awaiting Patron Contact”
- After/if the period has passed without return, apply charges to patron’s account via ALEPH
- Instructions - Y: Drive/Billing/Billing Procedures/Patron Charge Procedure
- Once patron has paid:
- Log into Workday and search for "Create Supplier Request" form
- Check to see if the lending institution is in Workday as a Supplier
- Search for the Workday "Create Supplier Request" form
- If institution is in the system, it will come up when you enter it in the “Supplier Name” field in the “Create Supplier Request” form
- If in Workday, email the invoice to Beth in Admin with the invoice number in the subject line and that they are a Supplier in Workday
- If not in Workday, use the Workday form “Create Supplier Request”
- You must obtain W9 from the lender to submit along with the invoice
- Fill out form and appropriate fields
- Attach W9 and invoice
- Submit and complete To-Do to send an ACH enrollment form to the lender
- Instructions with screenshots - Y:Drive/Billing/Billing Procedures/”Create Supplier Request WD Job Aid”
- Update OCLC to complete or returned (whichever is applicable)
- Update ILLiad to “Request Finished”
- Use Workday form “Find Supplier Invoice—with Payments”
- To search for remittance:
- Fill out “Supplier”, “Invoice Data On/After” (date invoice was sent to Admin), and “SmartTag” fields
- Library SmartTag: TAG000068
- Once payment is complete, assemble hard copy packet
- “Incoming Invoice Cover Sheet” (on top)
- Copy of invoice
- Screenshot of paid record in Workday
- Save files under Y: Drive/Billing/Incoming Invoices/“OCLC Symbol”/“Invoice Number”
- Update master excel "Master Incoming Invoice Sheet"
- "Date sent to Admin"
- "FAU Paid"
- In the Notes field state it was paid via Workday invoice with the number (can be found on the Workday record)
If a borrowed book is lost:
In the case our patron asks to buy a replacement copy, it is up to the lending institution if a replacement copy is acceptable for a lost item.
- If so, the patron must pay the any processing fees given by the lending institution as well as send/drop off the new copy to us
- After receiving the replacement copy:
- Update master Excel sheet “Master Incoming Invoices”:
- Date we received the replacement as “invoice credited” date
- “Finished” – Yes
- “FAU Paid” – No
- Assemble hard copy packet
- Mail replacement copy to Lender via UPS—include a copy of the invoice and any correspondence with the institution
- Place note on ILLiad record of the date we received the replacement and that the invoice is cancelled.
- Notify the Lender via email you mailed the replacement
- Place note on record with the tracking number once mailed out