Skip to Main Content
Beginning this summer and throughout the fall semester, we are working to upgrade the research experience by making ongoing improvements to our Research Guides.
You may encounter changes in the look and feel of the Research Guides website along with structural changes to our existing guides.
If you have any questions or concerns about this process
please let us know
Search the FAU Library Catalog to see what materials are available for check out. Search for books, government documents, DVDs, electronic books, and more.
What's a Call Number?
Did you find a book you wanted in the library catalog? If so, refer to its call number, found in its catalog record. Every book is assigned a call number. Books and library materials are generally organized by call number in the FAU Libraries.
Need more help? See a short tutorial.
- Analyse your topic: identify the main ideas or concepts you need to research
- Develop a list of search terms including keywords and phrases
- Consider alternative spellings and different word endings
- Use more specific words or add words using AND to narrow your search
- Use synonyms, related terms, or combine words using OR to broaden your search
- Exclude words from your catalog search results using NOT
- Use the Advance keyword search to search a particular building location, date of publication, language or format.