Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Internet Explorer 11
Will No Longer Be Supported as of November 20, 2020. Read More...
What is Mendeley?
Mendeley Desktop is the downloadable desktop version thath allows you to organize and search your personal library, annotate documents, and cite as you write in MS Word.
Mendeley Reference Manager is the web-based version of Mendeley that includes many of the same features as Mendeley Desktop.
Mendeley Mobile App is being discontinued as of March 15, 2021.
Some features of Mendeley include:
- Import or export citations or entire libraries
- Organize using folders/collections and tags
- Add notes or annotations to citations
- Edit metadata of citations
- Use Add-On to grab citations from web sites
- Plug-In to link Citation Manager to MS Word
- Save PDFs of document in Mendeley for easy access (and associate them with the citation)
- Build bibliographies, works cited, etc.
- Thousands of citation styles available
- Search for documents within your library, using filters as needed.
View the over 30 YouTube videos on Mendeley Research for both general and detailed information on Mendeley and how to use its features.
Mendeley Help & Tutorials
Mendeley Minutes (video tutorials)
Want a quick video to learn a particular task? Check out these links below!
Created by Fairleigh Dickinson University, these six brief videos contain basics and more advanced topic instructions
More about Mendeley
Available for Mac, Windows and Linux operating systems, as well as iPhone and iPad apps.