Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Internet Explorer 11
Will No Longer Be Supported as of November 20, 2020. Read More...
Use the CRAAP Test to evaluate information sources, including websites.
- Purpose (Bias)
Here are a few sites for general and specific CRAAP Tests:
What's in a suffix?
Confused by a suffix to a website URL?
- .gov = a U.S. government website
(i.e., White House)
- .com = a commercial website
- .edu = an educational website
(i.e., Florida Atlantic University)
- .org = a non-profit organization website (i.e., National Education Association)
- .uk, .fr, etc. = websites from countries other than U.S. (i.e., United Kingdom, France, etc.)
TIP: Search Google for a topic by suffix to restrict the search to types of websites. Search format: put in search terms, and then site:.____ (____ will be .gov, .edu, .org, etc.)
(Ex: African crafts site:.edu will bring up websites about African crafts at .edu websites)