Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Internet Explorer 11
Will No Longer Be Supported as of November 20, 2020. Read More...
A Few Weeding Resources
- Butkovich, N. J. (2010). How much space does a library need? Justifying collections space in an electronic age. Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship, 62. Retrieved from http://www.istl.org/10-summer/refereed1.html.
- Cottrell, T. L. (2013). Weeding worries, part 2: journals. The Bottom Line: Managing Library Finances, 26(4), 135-139. Retrieved from http://www.emeraldinsight.com/0888-045x.htm.
- Hardenbrook, Joe. (2014, March 12). Why We Weed: Book Deselection in Academic Libraries. Retrieved March 15, 2016, from https://mrlibrarydude.wordpress.com/2014/03/12/why-we-weed-book-deselection-in-academic-libraries/
- Johnson, A. M. (2015). Dismantling the reference collection. The Reference Librarian, 56(3), 161-793. Retrieved from http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02763877.2014.994192.
- Matlak, J. (2010). Weeding older social sciences journals. Behavioral & Social Sciences Librarian, 29(3), 169-183. Retrieved from http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/01639269.2010.498762.