With Hangouts On Air, you can broadcast live discussions and performances to the world through your Google+ Home page and YouTube channel. You can also edit and share a copy of the broadcast.
To start broadcasting Hangouts On Air, you need the following:
- YouTube channel - If you don’t already have one, create a YouTube channel. Make sure you verify your YouTube channel through SMS.
- Google+ profile or page - Make sure your Google+ profile or page is connected to your YouTube channel. Newly created YouTube channels are automatically connected to Google+. If you have an existing channel that is not connected to Google+, you can connect it to a Google+ profile or a Google+ page. And if you previously used your Google+ page to broadcast to a Google+ profile administrator’s channel, you need to link the page to its own YouTube channel.
You won’t be able to broadcast a Hangouts On Air if any of these issues apply to your YouTube channel:
- Your channel has any active copyright strikes.
- Your channel has global blocks on videos.
- You’re trying to broadcast from certain restricted countries.
Before you start broadcasting your Hangouts On Air, make sure you have the following equipment and software:
- Your browser, operating system, processor and bandwidth must meet the system requirements.
- Download and install the latest version of the Hangouts plugin.
- Check that your webcam drivers are up to date and that your webcam is working.
- Connect your headphones to your device. Headphones with a built-in microphone will dramatically improve your video-call experience.
Edit the broadcast
Once the broadcast is over, it’ll be posted to your YouTube channel as well as your Google+ homepage. From there you can edit it, and the edited version will be available to anyone you share it with.
Learn more about the content you can and cannot play in a Hangout On Air by visiting the YouTube Copyright Center.