1. Search in the following databases from the “Indexes/Databases” list on the FAU Libraries home page at www.fau.edu/library to locate information about your company:
2. Search in the following print (hard copy) business directories to locate your company and to try to find some information about it:
D & B Million Dollar Directory - REF HF5035.D82 (Most current edition is located on Reserve in the Library.)
Florida Business Directory – REF HC107.F6F4434 (Located at the Instruction and Engagement Services department in the Library.)
3. Search in the following online newspaper index, from the “Indexes/Databases” list on the FAU Libraries home page at www.fau.edu/library :
Global Newsstream (Contains articles from local, regional and national U.S. newspapers, in addition to international sources.)
4. Find local newspapers on the web (e.g. Boston Globe) and try to search for articles, if “free” access is allowed.
5. Try to get information about the company from the Chamber of Commerce or Better Business Bureau in the city where the company is located (use “Google” to search for locations and contact information).
6. Find the company’s web site using a “Google” search or in the Business Insights: Essentials database and try to contact the company directly via email or phone.
7. Conduct a “Google” search for information about the company. Be sure to evaluate the information that you find on the web about the company (especially noting who has published the information).