Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Internet Explorer 11
Will No Longer Be Supported as of November 20, 2020. Read More...
Find Books Search Box
Search the FAU Library Catalog to see what materials are available to you for check out. Search for books, government documents, DVDs, and electronic books, and more.
Find a Book and Other Materials in the Library Catalog
Browse the Shelf
Each item in the Library is assigned a call number which designates both its subject and also its place on the shelf.
The listing of Library of Congress classification numbers below suggests where to find materials on Political Science on the Library shelves.
J - General Legislative
JA - Political Science (General)
JC - Political Theory
JF - Political Institutions and Public Administration
JS - Local Government
JV - Colonies and Colonization. Emigration and Immigration
JZ - International Relations
- Analyse your topic: identify the main ideas or concepts you need to research
- Develop a list of search terms including keywords and phrases
- Consider alternative spellings and different word endings
- Use more specific words or add words using AND to narrow your search
- Use synonyms, related terms, or combine words using OR to broaden your search
- Exclude words from your catalog search results using NOT
- Use the Advance keyword search to search a particular building location, date of publication, language or format.
What's a Call Number?
Did you find a book you wanted in the library catalog? If so, refer to its call number, found in its catalog record. Every book is assigned a call number. Books and library materials are generally organized by call number in the FAU Libraries.
Need more help? See a short tutorial.