Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Beginning this summer, we are working to upgrade the research experience by making ongoing improvements to our Research Guides.
You may encounter changes in the look and feel of the Research Guides website along with structural changes to our existing guides.
If you have any questions or concerns about this process
please let us know
Spring 2022 Semester Hours (Boca Raton):
The library building is open for the Spring 2022 semester from 7:40 am - 12:00 midnight, Monday-Thursday, 10:30 am - 6 pm on Saturday, and noon - midnight on Sunday (see our hours page for any changes).
It's easy to reach us!
Partner Campus Library Hours:
This class guide is for SYP 4453: Global Social Change, and its purpose is to provide students with prompt access to library resources and select web resources in the subject. The following resources can be found from this guide:
- Research cycle: This tab will provide you information and links to help explain the series of stages that helps us work through the process of researching information and drawing conclusions.
- Books & E-Books: This tab will not only provide a select list of books on the subject matter, but you will be able to access the FAU Library Catalog and perform a search on your own.
- Indexes & Databases: This tab will provide you links to a list of just some of the historical databases, as well as, the means to access the larger list of electronic indexes & databases offered through the FAU Libraries. Remember: To use of campus you must long in first through off-campus connect.
- OneSearch: This tab will all you to use the OneSearch feature, which is also found on the library's homepage. This feature allows you the researcher to access and search across all the library's resources at once.
- Plagiarism: This tab will help explain just what Plagiarism is and why it is wrong.
- Citations - Chicago: This tab will provide you links to web resources offering examples for Chicago Manual of Style.
- Website Evaluation: This tab will provide you with information so that when you use websites and digital online resources how to evaluate its worth as being a creditable resource.
- Data & Public Opinion - This tab will provide you with links to various datasets and credible websites that poll and do research in the area of public opinion on various topics.
- Government Documents and Statistics: This tab will link you to our Government Information and Maps Department, there you will find a wealth of information at the state, federal and even some international level.
- Research Assistance: This tab will provide you ways to reach out to myself or one of the other Reference Librarians.
Lawrence Mello, M.A., M.L.S.
Librarian Liaison to the Sociology Department.