FAU Libraries Scholarly Communication Services (SCS) provides support to all FAU campuses by addressing the wide range of issues related to creating, evaluating, disseminating, and preserving the outputs of research and scholarship.
Services for Staff, Students, Faculty, and Campus Groups
- Consultations, presentations, and events for staff, students, faculty, and campus groups.
- Services can be provided synchronously (face-to-face or online via Zoom, WebEx, or Microsoft Teams) or asynchonously (video recording).
- Make your request.
- Copyright : Fair use, Copyright for Teaching & Instruction, Public Domain, Creative Commons, and more.
- Open Access : Open Access models, paying APCs, find an OA publisher.
- Journal and Research Impact : Journal Impact Factor (JIF) and other bibliometrics, find a JIF.
- Scholarly Publishing : Choose a publisher, deceptive or predatory publishers
- Researcher Profile and Identifier Management : Scopus Profile, Publons, Mendeley, ORCID and other persistent identifiers
- In coordination with library liaisons, SCS also promotes the use of Open Education Resources (OER).
Make Your Request
Do you like these Research Guides or want something tailored for your course? Get in touch! SCS materials and learning objects can be used for teaching, learning, or training, and can be freely used for educational purposes.
Scholarly Communication Services Blog
Read up on the basics and latest in copyright, bibliometrics, scholarly publishing and more!