Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Internet Explorer 11
Will No Longer Be Supported as of November 20, 2020. Read More...
Boca Raton & Partner Campuses
Welcome to the library resource guide for Professor Montañez's Spring 2020 STA 6113 course. The resources contained in this guide will provide you with a starting point for finding information on the topic of your choice. Use the tabs above to access information. Good luck and happy researching!
Following this session you should know how to:
- Use the FAU Library Catalog to locate books and other materials owned by the Library
- Log into Off Campus Connect (when, how and why)
- Understand the difference between electronic journals and databases
- Become aware of and use the most important databases for conducting literature reviews in the discipline of education
- Develop a search strategy using thesauri, Boolean operators, truncation and wildcards
- Search most of the Libraries' resources at one time using OneSearch.
- Use "Find it @ FAU" to connect to full-text articles in different databases
- Determine if a periodical is peer-reviewed
- Locate other authors that have cited an article of interest, and rank articles by number of times cited using Web of Science
- Cite your sources
- Get additional help