Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Internet Explorer 11
Will No Longer Be Supported as of November 20, 2020. Read More...
Boca Raton & Partner Campuses
Summer 2021 Semester Hours (Boca Raton):
The library building is open for the Spring 2021 semester from 7:35 am - 6:00 p.m., Monday-Friday (see our hours page for any changes). Many of us are still working remotely, and are available to to meet with you virtually.
It's easy to reach us!
Partner Campus Library Hours:
About this Guide
This class guide is for LAH 2000 Introduction to Latin American Studies, and its purpose is to provide students with prompt access to library resources and select web resources in the subject. The following resources can be found from this guide:
- Research cycle: This tab will provide you information and links to help explain the series of stages that helps us work through the process of researching information and drawing conclusions.
- Books & E-Books: This tab will not only provide a select list of books on the subject matter, but you will be able to access the FAU Library Catalog and perform a search on your own.
- Indexes & Databases: This tab will provide you links to a list of just some of the historical databases, as well as, the means to access the larger list of electronic indexes & databases offered through the FAU Libraries. Remember: To use of campus you must long in first through off-campus connect.
- OneSearch: This tab will all you to use the OneSearch feature, which is also found on the library's homepage. This feature allows you the researcher to access and search across all the library's resources at once.
- Plagiarism: This tab will help explain just what Plagiarism is and why it is wrong.
- Citations - Chicago: This tab will provide you links to web resources offering examples for Chicago Manual of Style.
- Primary Sources: This tab will take you to a LibGuide that helps explain Primary and Secondary Resources as well as links to many useful Primary Resources.
- Website Evaluation: This tab will provide you with information so that when you use websites and digital online resources how to evaluate its worth as being a creditable resource.
- Research Assistance: This tab will provide you ways to reach out to myself or one of the other Reference Librarians.
Lawrence Mello, M.A., M.L.S.
Librarian Liaison to the FAU History Department.