Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Internet Explorer 11
Will No Longer Be Supported as of November 20, 2020. Read More...
About this Guide
This Class Guide is for Dr. Ganson's LAH 3200 Modern Latin American History is not designed to replace the FAU Library's webpage to do your research, but to provide students with one single point from which they can access resources for this particular course. The following resources can be found from this Guide:
- Getting Started: This tab wil provide you a brief overview of the different departments here in the library that can help you in your research needs.
- The Research Cycle: This tab will offer an explanation of the research process as well as information to other services or sources offered here at the university or beyond.
- Books & eBooks: The tab will not only provide you a select list of books on the topic related to this course, but will allow you to search the FAU Library Catalog and perform a search on your own.
- Databases and Academic Journals: This tab will provide you links to a list of just some of the historical and news databases, as well as, the means to access the larger list of electronic indexes & databases offered through the FAU Libraries. Remember: To use off-campus you must log in first through Off-Campus Connect.
- OneSearch: This tab will provide you with the ability to us the OneSearch mechanism to perform a search across all of the library's resources at one time.
- Primary Sources: This tab offers links to primary sources on the web on various subject areas.
- Website Evaluation: This tab will help with how to evaluate the quality of your web resource.
- Plagiarism: This tab offers information on the topic of plagiarism, as well as, links to FAU Honor Code.
- Citations: Chicago: This tab will provide links to various web sources to help with understanding and using the Chicago Manual Style.
- Citations: MLA: This tab will provide links to various web sources to help with understanding and using the Modern Language Association.
- Research Assistance: This tab will explain the many ways you can reach the Instruction and Engagement Department for research assistance.
- Video Tutorials: This tab will take you to a page with a collection of short video tutorials on how to use the library's resources that you will need to use to find the resources you will need for this class.