Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Internet Explorer 11
Will No Longer Be Supported as of November 20, 2020. Read More...
Boca Raton & Partner Campuses
Summer 2021 Semester Hours (Boca Raton):
The library building is open for the Spring 2021 semester from 7:35 am - 6:00 p.m., Monday-Friday (see our hours page for any changes). Many of us are still working remotely, and are available to to meet with you virtually.
It's easy to reach us!
Partner Campus Library Hours:
About this Guide
This class guide is for EUH 6939: Research Seminar in European History: Cooperation and Resistance in Nazi Germany, and its purpose is to provide students with prompt access to library resources and select web resources in the subject. The following resources can be found from this guide:
- The Research Cycle: This tab will provide you with an explanation about the Research Cycle as well as links to different websites and University Services, like the University Center for Excellence in Writing.
- Books & E-Books: This tab will not only provide a select list of books on the subject matter, but you will be able to access the FAU Library Catalog and perform a search on your own.
- Indexes & Databases: This tab will provide you links to a list of just some of the historical databases, as well as, the means to access the larger list of electronic indexes & databases offered through the FAU Libraries. Remember: To use of campus you must long in first through off-campus connect.
- Interlibrary Loan: This tab will provide information how to obtain resources beyond the walls of the library through Interlibrary Loan and UBORROW.
- Library Collections and Beyond: This tab will offer you links to some of the unique library collections along with links to other Web Resources on subject matter that may be useful to you for this course.
- OneSearch: This tab will all you to use the OneSearch feature, which is also found on the library's homepage. This feature allows you the researcher to access and search across all the library's resources at once.
- Primary Sources: This tab will take you to a LibGuide that helps explain Primary and Secondary Resources as well as links to many useful Primary Resources.
- Plagiarism: This tab will offer up some explanation to what is Plagiarism.
- Citations - Chicago: This tab will provide you links to web resources offering examples for Chicago Manual of Style.
- Website Evaluation: This tab will provide you with information so that when you use websites and digital online resources how to evaluate its worth as being a creditable resource.
- Government Information and Maps Department: This tab will take you to the library's Government Information and Maps Department which a member of the Federal Depository System. While their focus is largely on Federal and State government information they do offer some international resources.
- Research Assistance: This tab will provide you ways to reach out to myself or one of the other Reference Librarians.
- Instruction and Engagement Service Department Tutorial and Webcast: This tab will take you to a tutorial page where you will find a wide range of videos that can be viewed at your leisure that will help explain topics like how to do a catalog search to writing a Literature Review.
Lawrence Mello, M.A., M.L.S.
Librarian Liaison to the FAU History Department.