Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Internet Explorer 11
Will No Longer Be Supported as of November 20, 2020. Read More...
Graduate Student Survival Guide
Welcome to the Graduate Student Survival Guide! The resources contained in this guide will provide you with a starting point for finding information and navigating the FAU Libraries. Use the tabs above to access information. Good luck and successful researching!
Check out our Workshop Schedule and our many online Tutorials.
Are you a Graduate Teaching Assistant? Schedule your Library Instruction Session to turn your students into Power Researchers! (We can customize sessions to your assignments and learning objectives).
This guide will help you to:
- Use the FAU Library Catalog to locate books and other materials owned by the Library
- Understand the difference between electronic journals and databases and OneSearch
- Become aware of and use the most important databases for conducting literature reviews in the discipline of education
- Use "Find it at FAU" to connect to full-text articles in different databases
- Determine if a periodical is peer-reviewed
- Locate other authors that have cited an article of interest using Web of Science
- Cite your sources
- Get additional help
Ken Frankel, Head, Reference & Instructional Services