Regular Semester Hours (Boca Raton):
See the library schedule for hours during exams, breaks, and holidays.
Partner Campus Library Hours:
7 Key Questions to Evaluate Your Food Science & Nutrition Information
The vast range of published information available in food science and nutrition can make conducting research a daunting task. The key is to carefully select your sources in order to optimize both the quality and quantity of information you retrieve.
The following questions can help you evaluate whether a source is suitable for your needs:
1. Is the author an authoritative body or subject expert?
2. Is the information sponsored by a company or organization?
3. For open access journals, does the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) list it as a reputable title?
4. Is the information balanced and objective?
5. Is it scientifically rigorous and accurate?
6. Is the information still current?
7. Who is the target audience?
Source: EBSCO (2017).