If a borrowed book is lost:
In the case our patron asks to buy a replacement copy, it is up to the lending institution if a replacement copy is acceptable for a lost item.
- If so, the patron must pay the any processing fees given by the lending institution as well as send/drop off the new copy to us
- After receiving the replacement copy:
- Update master Excel sheet “Master Incoming Invoices”:
- Date we received the replacement as “invoice credited” date
- “Finished” – Yes
- “FAU Paid” – No
- Assemble hard copy packet
- Mail replacement copy to Lender via UPS—include a copy of the invoice and any correspondence with the institution
- Place note on ILLiad record of the date we received the replacement and that the invoice is cancelled.
- Notify the Lender via email you mailed the replacement
- Place note on record with the tracking number once mailed out