Welcome to the Library!
Welcome to your LibGuide. We hope that you will find the information included in your guide helpful as you conduct your research. Please come in and see us for an individual consultation and further information regarding your individual research topics. We look forward to seeing you in the library often.
Following this session you should know how to:
- Use the FAU Library Catalog to locate books and other materials owned by the Library
- Use SearchWISE to conduct a Google-like searches of library holdings
- Log into Off Campus Connect/EZproxy (when, how and why)
- Understand the difference between electronic journals and databases
- Set up an Interlibrary loan (ILL) account
- Become aware of and use the most important databases for conducting literature reviews
- Use the "Find it at FAU" button to connect to full-text articles in different databases
- Determine if a periodical is peer-reviewed
- Locate other authors that have cited an article of interest using Web of Science
- Cite your sources
- Get additional help