This is the FAU Libraries subject guide for Professor Jennifer Cox's ENC 1102 class! The goal of this page is to provide students with access to and information about FAU library resources. The following can be found under the these areas:
- Find Articles: this page provides links to databases, or large, online collections of journal articles.
- Search for Books: access the FAU Libraries catalog to locate books and other library materials owned by the libraries
- Scholarly Journals: provides helpful tutorial and information about scholarly versus popular publications.
- Writing & Citation: this page provides links to sites on choosing a topic, the research process, and MLA citation. In addition, citation tools are included to help create your works cited pages.
For assistance in using the library or conducting research, contact me or another librarian!
Alyse Ergood, MLIS
Following this session you should know how to:
- Use the FAU Library Catalog to locate books and other materials owned by the Library
- Use SearchWISE to conduct a Google-like searches of library holdings
- Log into Off Campus Connect/EZproxy (when, how and why)
- Become aware of and use the most important databases for conducting literature reviews
- Use the "Find it at FAU" button to connect to full-text articles in different databases
- Determine if a periodical is peer-reviewed
- Get additional help